Sunday, January 16, 2005

Mark Gilmore, Brand X Savior Manager


_MG_1157
Originally uploaded by Charrmer.
Enter Brand X Savior.
“I heard their music before I started working for 98 Rock. I went to an Inruin show at The Boardwalk and saw (Brand X Savior) for the first time and then until 2 am me and the guys were out in the back parking lot BS’ing and got to be friends.” Surprisingly the chemistry was not about music. It was about Star Wars, Science Fiction, “weird stupid stuff” that they all had in common. “That’s what I like about bands-- when you get past the music and can get into the people.”
Gilmore says with Brand X Savior “I always liked what these guys sounded like and I thought they aren’t getting the credit they deserve. They aren’t aggressively pushing for what they deserve as a status. They needed somebody NOT in the band who wasn’t afraid to piss somebody off, to step up and say ‘No, When we talked it was this.’ And that’s kind of what a manager does so that’s why they give me the title, Manager.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Content copyright protected by Copyscape website plagiarism search